Have an idea?

Extend Sana Admin search functionality to include Sana Help (and Sana University) articles

Extend Sana Admin search functionality to include articles from Sana Help and Sana University in search suggestions regarding current Sana setup.

For example when customer search for "Discount" top suggestions should be link(s) for "Discount" in Sana Admin and at the bottom should be suggestions with link(s) to Sana Help or Sana University with respect of current Sana setup.
So, if customer has configured NAV ERP connection, customer do not need link(s) to Help Sana with AX, GP, SAP articles, but only NAV.

This will dramatically improve Sana Admin user experience.

31 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Igor Gavrilyuk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

[SANA PRODUCT] This is a very good idea. We are currently investigating an improved version of our Sana Help (we call this project Community 2.0). As part of this project, the entire Sana Help functionality will be improved. Step 2 will be a smart integration with our Sana Admin panel to improve our customer experience for daily operations. Thank you for the feedback!

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • runi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would prefer context sensitive help (so when opening help you are on correct help page). AND this should be combined with filter for Sana version in help. Right now when I use search function in help site I get results from newer versions of Sana that we are not yet updated to.

• Tristan Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would suggest adding a direct link to the appropriate Sana Help article to each page in the Admin area, rather than surfacing help articles directly in the search--or at least allow Admins to turn the help search off if they want. I would find it annoying to have those search results most of the time, but if I'm on a page and need help a direct link to the appropriate article would be VERY useful.

Feedback and Knowledge Base