Show Stock From Multiple Warehouses and also allow ordering from different warehouses
In standard Sana, there are only two configurations possible for how stock can be retrieved.
1. One single warehouse for the whole shop
2. Stock retrieved from the default location recorded against the customer record in ERP
However, it would be nicer if we had the below features.
- Allow the web shop owner to choose whether he wants to display stocks for the same product in different warehouses.
- Allow the ERP admin to choose which warehouses he wants to use for the web shop (visible in web shop type of functionality).
- Allow a configuration whether to show a consolidated total stock amount by default in all places which upon click will display the detailed breakdown.
- Allow the admin to choose whether the customers can order from multiple warehouses in the same order or not.
- If above feature allowed, then let the customer select the specific warehouse he wants the product from on the shopping cart page.
- Figure out some configurable shipping pricing model for this sort of setup.
This would be very useful in countries with bigger land areas such as Australia, USA and also useful for customers who sell to customers in neighboring countries.
[SANA PRODUCT] This is a great idea, and definitely on our radar. The challenge here is that it differs from ERP to ERP how we deal with these scenarios. We have customized this feature a couple of times, and might productize it at some point, but most likely not in the upcoming months due to other priorities.