Feature Requests & Ideas

Sana customers and partners can share ideas with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening. Please remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

Have an idea?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show prices

If a (b2b) customer is logged in to the shop, he/she should be able to choose, which prices are shown.

Dealers often have their customers standing beside the desk with the eyes right on the computer. The dealers do not want the customer to see the net prices or discount on the gross prices.

There could be the following options:
    - Show gross price with discount
    - Show net price
    - Show gross price

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Sana Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Extend Sana Admin search functionality to include Sana Help (and Sana University) articles

Extend Sana Admin search functionality to include articles from Sana Help and Sana University in search suggestions regarding current Sana setup.

For example when customer search for "Discount" top suggestions should be link(s) for "Discount" in Sana Admin and at the bottom should be suggestions with link(s) to Sana Help or Sana University with respect of current Sana setup.
    So, if customer has configured NAV ERP connection, customer do not need link(s) to Help Sana with AX, GP, SAP articles, but only NAV.

This will dramatically improve Sana Admin user experience.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Sana Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

[SANA PRODUCT] This is a very good idea. We are currently investigating an improved version of our Sana Help (we call this project Community 2.0). As part of this project, the entire Sana Help functionality will be improved. Step 2 will be a smart integration with our Sana Admin panel to improve our customer experience for daily operations. Thank you for the feedback!

3. more options for "Availability depends on stock" function

More options are needed for "Availability depends on stock" function. The option should be added to product sets, product lists and maybe idividual items.
    My Reasoning: I have a bunch of items lying around in my warehouse that I want to get rid of, therefore I would like to list them on the web store.
    The problem is that I also want to dropship a bunch of items that I don’t have in my warehouse.
    Current functionality will have me choose either or of the above. We need more flexibility

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Sana Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Content Elements: More Options for Image Tiles

Content Elements: More Options for Image Tiles (as in Flexi tiles - Row settings)

It could be nice to also have options for image tiles. Instead of the four column tile, I really could use only a one column tile (but that one with a function that allows me to place 4 one-column tiles in a row and the possibility to switch place/order easily).

We have a lot of products that change constantly, and I need to delete one of the products in the row. That means a lot of work...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sana Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Draft page content when session expires

In Sana 9.3 you introduced login session expiration, so if a Sana Admin is inactive for 20 minutes or more the session will be signed out. One big issue with this is that if you spend 20 minutes or more editing a web page and then save your content you are automatically signed out and the content is lost. This can not be intended and I will category it as a bug, so that you will not be signed out in this scenario.

Also, sometimes you are editing pages, then for some reason you will be inactive for 20 minutes…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Use automatic payment journal posting with multiple payment add-on's

As a shop owner i would like to be able to use more than one payment add-on in the same webshop, and still be able to use automatic payment journal creation and posting in AX2012 and D365, so all payment mark and settlement will happen automatically in our ERP system.

Today the account settings for automatic payment journal creation can only be setup for the shop as a whole, which means all payment go on same account. But you need an account per payment provider (add-on) to be able to settle the bank.

A solution could be to be able…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add product video to product display page

As a shop owner, I would like to add product videos to my product display pages to get my point across a lot better than uploading a set of images. I believe this will help rev up engagement and subtly nudge prospects towards the next stage of the buying cycle.

Also, studies have shown product videos will increase Conversion rate, Conversion rate for people that have watched videos etc., Time on page, Events (clicks on extra images, plays of videos etc), Goals (based on events that track usage) and Revenue per visit.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Sana Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

[SANA PRODUCT] We are now working on a big project called Design 2.0. In the scope of this project, we are also working on redesigning all pages and the design flexibility. This project will be released in portions. It might very well that we will improve the Product Detail Page with the functionality to use product videos in the display carousel.

8. File Manager

Don't know whether it is already in the new upgrade, but an Image Preview and a Search Bar in File Manager would shorten the amount of searchtime. Especially when you have to find a productphoto, because the naming for the prodcutpictures is not SEO friendly..

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Account roles for account type "Contact"

We sell to B2B only and want to all the shop accounts to have be account type "contact". There are multiple reasons for that, for example statistics and other business processes.

But if we select "Contact" the possibility to set account role disappears, and this really limits the self service in Sana for our customers. It would be awesome to have account role for contacts as well!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Page specific product specifications

Page specific product specifications.

Product specifications are now site wide, It would be neat to have an page specific option as well, like you got for sorting fields, facette filters etc.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Content Element Library

Allow content blocks to be saved to a library for future use, or for easy insertion into another page. For example, a holiday sale graphic or a promotional video that applies to many items could be quickly reused or inserted into a new page.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

[SANA PRODUCT] Great idea! The focus for Sana Product for 2019 will be design. Under this “theme” we are going to improve Sana in various ways. One of the ideas that we are now implementing is a Visual Composer. Re-usable content, such as a holiday banner that a shop owner wants to re-use in various places, is definitely one of the things that will be part of this big journey.

12. Allow Separate Jobs for Update/Rebuild indexes for Customers & Products

Provide functionality that allows separate schedules for updating the customer & product indexes vs fully rebuilding them. It would be nice to have the indexes update several times/day and then have a separately scheduled task to rebuild nightly.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. mdo

It would be nice if you can see in the admin how much shopaccounts are logged in the shop en and how much users are visiting the webshop realtime. This is interesting information for the maintainance of the shop.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Assign the same item description to multiple products

It would be nice to be able to assign item descriptions to multiple items at once.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Use default language setting throughout Sana Admin

We set a default language in Basic Setup of Sana Admin to something other than "English" (US English).

On admin pages where the language can be chosen, we have to change the dropdown from "English" to our default (and often forget!)

It would be great if the selection followed the default set in the Basic Setup

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Terms and conditions as PDF attachment to confirmation email

We have an issue with one of our shop certificates, the Danish "E-Mærket" certification (https://www.emaerket.dk), requiring that the terms and conditions accepted during checkout is also send attached as a pdf file with the confirmation email sent to the customer, therefor we would like to add an attachment feature for the confirmation email in order to maintain our certification.

This function could be used for other things as well.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Error unclear on flexipage

When an error occurs while editing a flexipage on a collapsed content element. It should expand the element. Now it jumps to the right tab but the error is on one of the collapsed elements making it unclear for the customer where the problem is.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show B2B / B2C when connecting a shop account to an ERP customer

When I create a shop account and connect the shop account to a customer in the ERP, I think it would be great if I could see if the customer is B2B or B2C in the ERP

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add standard fields for HTML id and class attributes to every content block

Setting an HTML ID or class definition on specific content blocks would allow different styling for these specific content blocks. These properties should be added to the ContentBlockBase class so that they are available on all types of content blocks.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Flexy Page for Footer

Footer should be more customizable without having to create a new design package.
    It would be great to have the possibility to setup a Flexy Page for the Footer like is done for the Home Page.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature Requests & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base